About Me

My photo
I am 24 years old and a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in English and Secondary Education. I am currently expecting my first child, due August 10, 2010. I started this blog for my EDM 310 class and I hope you all enjoy reading my posts!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Blog post for 3/12



ALEX

Alex or Alabama Learning Exchange is a wonderful website that offers educators a variety useful links. There are links to courses of study, web links for teachers, administrators and students, as well as lesson plans listed by subject. Alex also offers a search engine, Alex Thinkfinity database. There is even a link to podcasts done by other teachers to help out other educators.

Knowing that this website exists makes me even more excited to teach. I know that my first year or so of teaching will be exciting and maybe a little crazy too. It's nice to know that there is a place I can go for ideas that are sure to make my lessons more enjoyable.


ACCESS

The vision of ACCESS, Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators and Students Statewide, according to their website is : The State of Alabama will provide equal access to high quality instruction to improve student achievement through distance learning. ACCESS is all about technology and bring together students and teachers with it. There is also a video where students will tell you why ACCESS is so great!

Technology is becoming such an important part of our lives. This includes the world of education. Having an organization dedicated to expand our use of technology is greatly benefiting teachers and students everywhere. I know for a fact that I will implement the use of ACCESS in my role as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment