About Me

My photo
I am 24 years old and a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in English and Secondary Education. I am currently expecting my first child, due August 10, 2010. I started this blog for my EDM 310 class and I hope you all enjoy reading my posts!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Google Docs Questionnaire

Grammar

Most of us started learning how to use proper grammar in elementary school. At first we learned the parts of speech. We learned when and how to use the different parts of speech correctly. But how many of us still use these tools properly? I created a Google Docs Form to find out.

I asked students how they would rate their use of grammar on a scale from 1-5, 1 being poor and 5 being great. 46% of students rated their use of grammar at a 4 while 31% said they would be a 5.
Most students said they use punctuation properly.

54% of students said that they always proofread their blogs before they post them.

I asked if people who don't use grammar properly seem uneducated; Six out of 13 people said yes.

Most of the students who answered this questionnaire said that they did learn how to diagram sentences but said that it didn't really help them.

The last question I asked was if the questionnaire had made them think twice about the way they talk. The answers to that question were pretty much split down the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment