About Me

My photo
I am 24 years old and a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in English and Secondary Education. I am currently expecting my first child, due August 10, 2010. I started this blog for my EDM 310 class and I hope you all enjoy reading my posts!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Comments4Teachers

For my comments for teachers assignment I was assigned to John Spencer's blog. The first post I commented on was titled "I am still the Teacher." In this post John shares that he dislikes the idea of "co-learning". He goes on to say that teachers still need to be leaders. Here is the comment I left for this post:

"First of all I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. My favorite teacher in high school was not the one we as students felt was "one of us". Instead it was the one that I could turn to for guidance and criticism when needed. I'm Lauren Germany, I am currently taking EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in English and Secondary Education. I will be following your blog as part of an assignment. Here is a link to our class blog: http://www.edm310.blogspot.com/ I will also include a link to my own blog. I will be posting my summary of this assignment to my blog in the next few days. I hope you get a chance to read it! http://germanylaurenedm310.blogspot.com/"


The second Post was titled "Who should we Blame?" and focused on how teachers blame parents, who blame teachers, who blame city officials and so on. We are so busy playing the blame game for why our children aren't successful, that we aren't doing anything to fix the problem. Here is my comment:

"I love your viewpoint. It is true that we blame people for a child's "lack of ability". When I worked in daycare, the parents would blame us when their children didn't do there homework correctly. The children had us to help with homework, but to me, if the parents care so much about it, they should check their children's homework themselves and help their child to succeed. At the end of the day if your students have been able to learn something new, then you have done your job."

The final post was titled "Changing how I spend my time" which focused on how he has had to change how much time he spends focusing on certain things, like grading papers. He says that he spends more time giving feedback rather than just giving grades. Here is my comment:

"Thank you for posting this. I am still working on becoming a teacher, but your change with your time management helps me figure out what to expect. I'll have to keep this post in mind once I start teaching."

I loved reading John Spencer's blog posts. They were enjoyable to read as well as enlightening. I hope you subscribe to his blog and follow him; I guarantee you will learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment